Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Which do you think is the better story: this version of "Cinderella" (basically the Grimms') or the Disney version? What makes it better or worse?
- Do you think everyone deserves what they get in this story? Why or why not?
- What effect does turning "Cinderella" into a poem have on the whole story? Why bother turning a fairy tale into a poem in the first place?
- Do you believe you can really get something for nothing? Do you think that's what the poem is suggesting? Why or why not?
- Why do you think that money doesn't automatically make everyone happy in "Cinderella"? What do you think the point of that message is?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search