Common Core Standards: Math
8. Analyze and solve pairs of simultaneous linear equations.
Dealing with linear equations means knowing how to handle two-variable equations. We don't just have x anymore. We've added a y as well. Why? It makes life interesting. Plus, it's sort of necessary in order to further their mathematical education. Oh yeah, that.
But wait. A pair of linear equations means more than one. So your students should know how to deal with two different linear equations, each with two variables. The goal here is to help your students understand how to handle multiple linear equations and what they mean.
Basically, make sure they don't drown in all the equations and the variables.
- ACT Math 2.5 Elementary Algebra
- ACT Math 3.1 Elementary Algebra
- ACT Math 3.2 Coordinate Geometry
- ACT Math 3.3 Intermediate Algebra
- ACT Math 3.5 Intermediate Algebra
- ACT Math 4.3 Intermediate Algebra
- ACT Math 1.3 Elementary Algebra
- ACT Math 1.4 Elementary Algebra
- ACT Math 1.5 Elementary Algebra
- CAHSEE Math 2.5 Mathematical Reasoning