Common Core Standards: Math
7. Graph functions expressed symbolically and show key features of the graph, by hand in simple cases and using technology for more complicated cases.
Next to magic tricks and juggling flaming torches, being able to sketch a graph just by looking at the equation is pretty much the coolest party trick around. We don't know what kinds of parties your students go to, but that's the gospel truth as far as we're concerned.
With all the different types of functions out there, knowing how to sketch them all is more than just a skill—it's a brag-worthy talent.
- Graphing Cubic Functions - Math Shack
- Identifying the Graphs of Non-Linear Functions - Math Shack
- Find the Absolute Value Function From the Given Graph - Math Shack
- Match the Graph with Given Absolute Value Function - Math Shack
- Graphing a Linear Function Given a Point and Its Slope - Math Shack
- Graphing Parabolas From Equations Using Three Points - Math Shack
- Graphing Parabolas - Math Shack