Composed Upon Westminster Bridge, September 3, 1802
Composed Upon Westminster Bridge, September 3, 1802 Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Would Wordsworth have appreciated the city so much if he had lived there?
- Why does this famous nature poet compare nature unfavorably with London, or at least this particular London setting? Blasphemy!
- Do you agree that the poem is written in simple, common language? (Keep in mind that simple language was a little different back in the early 19th century.)
- What was the most stunning landscape you have ever seen? Did you have a chance to stop and stare at it for a while?
- Do you find that the world looks better in the early morning? If so, why? If not, what's your favorite time of day and why?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search