Great Expectations Chapter 45 Summary
- After receiving Wemmick's warning, Pip immediately goes to the nearest roach motel where he spends a sleepless night. Gross.
- Pip wakes up the next morning and goes straight to Wemmick's castle. He helps toast the Aged's sausage while Wemmick tells him why he had left such a cryptic message for him.
- Apparently, Pip's apartment was being watched and maybe even searched.
- Wemmick had Magwitch moved to Clara's house by the water so that Herbert might still be able to communicate between Pip and his benefactor.
- Wemmick tells Pip to be really, really careful from now on and to not hang out with Magwitch anymore. He tells Pip to hold onto the "portable property."
- Is Compeyson in town? Yep.
- Pip is stressed, but he falls asleep by the fire, and then he spends the day with the Aged, napping and being cozy. They have pork loin for dinner.
- Oh, Dickens. You always make us hungry.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search